2/21/10

LOVE

Love this video. Love her tons! This is totally anti-climactic, but it's my baby, and she's AWAKE! She's only been awake when we've been with her one time before. So all this awake time was heaven!



Anya hit 6 pounds. Barely! But it's a wonderful sign that she's growing like a champ. We're told that she eats like crazy (that's my girl!) and is pooping like a newborn should. I've never been so excited about poop before! I got to change her tiny little diaper today {3 days ago. Each day kind of melts into another these days}, which actually was a treat. Like I said, I've never been so excited about poop before. An extended commute to a hospital will do some strange things to your brain! :)I can't wait to bring her home. Here's to hoping and praying that her stay WON'T be a full year... I mean, I'm so grateful for the NICU and all the staff, but I hope I never have to see any of them again! :)

6 devoted readers:

Lissy said...

She looks amazing! My nephew had to stay in the hospital at first when he was born, though not for real long. I hope your sweet girl will be able to come home as soon as possible. Make sure you take advantage of Ronald McDonald House - my sister didn't even know or realize they could've until they didn't need it anymore. I think you can get free meals and even stay over sometimes - worth looking into! :)

Marcie said...

What a precious post, Sarah!

brooke said...

I'm oozing with compassion for you and Bryan. Seeing these pictures was a huge flashback to us doing the same things with Sienna. Ask Stephen...I was so excited about her first real poop, I told EVERYONE. It's so momentous! I'm so happy that you're able to be with her and love her so much. She is a blessed little girl to have you two as parents!

Carli said...

LOVE IT! She is so precious! I can'twait for you to bring her home. It will be such a relief! Love you!

Nikki~Down syndrome Storyteller said...

Love the vid!
A real live baby. How very precious.

Raadgep Fam said...

Ohh Its just adorable! Hang in there Mama. you look fabulous by the way did you even have a kid?