Finished the first book three days ago, and I can't stop thinking about it. So Sam and I went to get our own copies of the second book today! Who knew that these books would be so intriguing? It's not the best writing, becuase really, it's geared towards a teenager. But so is the Harry Potter series. There is just something about how the characters are portrayed that sucked me in from page 25. I say page 25, because it was a little slow for me at the beginning. But regardless, I am totally hooked!
For those of you who have not yet heard, my friend Sam and I are opening up a daycare facility. I am beyond excited, and really feel that this is what I should be doing right now. My kids will be able to be with me all day, and they will be in my in-laws' old house in Escondido (they are renting it out to Sam and her hubby Mike to live in, and we will have the daycare there), so it's a place that they are very familiar with. It will be a much better location than watching kids in my tiny little apartment (which is what I'm doing right now. No fun).
Our daycare will be called 'Sugar N Spice' Daycare, and our projected opening day is June 1st. We are currently able to provide care for 1 infant (under 2 years old), and six toddlers (2 & up).
So if you know of anyone that would be needing our services in the Escondido/San Marcos area, give me a call and I can give you more details. Business Website/blog to come!
This post is a LONG time coming; Orion was blessed on March 30th, and I am just now getting to it!
(Clearly, Bryan is excited to have another boy, tipping the scales well in his favor)
Here are some pictures to enjoy. We had a (VERY) early day, with church starting at 8:30am. Thanks to all who sacrificed their Sunday morning sleep to be there! I also notice that in these pictures I look very disheveled and tired. If you don't see it, what a compliment! If you agree with me, I blame it on our meeting time. :)
Bryan gave Orion such a sweet blessing. In the Prayer circle was his dad, Mike, my dad, Mike, and my two brothers who live locally, Nathan & Josh. Bryan told me afterward that Orion had slept through the entire blessing, and when he had finished, Orion opened his eyes and gave all the men a huge grin. What precious moments!
Afterwards, we headed to my parents to enjoy a brunch of egg & cheese strata, ham, & fruit salad. Yummy!
Thanks to everyone who was able to share this day with us!
This list makes me feel totally old. I have done all but two of these things!
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton dance
3. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
4. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
5. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
6. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
7. You played the game 'MASH'(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
8. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
9. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
10. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
11. You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.
12. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
13. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
14. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
15. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
16. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
17. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'
18. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class.
19. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
20. You just sang those words to yourself.
21. You still sing 'We are the World'
22. You tight rolled your jeans.
23. You owned a bannana clip.
24. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you?