12/24/09

Randoms


Bryan is the hardest person to Christmas shop for. He's very big on 'magical' gifts (yes, that's the phrase he uses), and I am much more of a boring, practical gift-giver. Maybe it has to do with the fact that everything on his 'magical' list is out of our price range, and there are no substitutes. So this year, instead of a 42" HDTV I made him this. I know, totally not a substitute. But it's practical, considering he still has back problems stemming from his car accident. And it was reeeeeaally easy to make. And I think I'm gonna steal it a few times myself. Love it.

It's the cutest thing ever when your 3-year-old recognizes "Jingle Bells" on the radio and sings along. So cute!

I recently found out that my shampoo is 100% vegan. I found that really hilarious.
Does that mean it's made out of vegans?

Even though my last post was shocking and depressing, both Bryan and I are in good spirits and I only have maybe one sad day for every 10. And I know we're in capable hands, so everything will be fine. People say I'm an inspiration, but believe me, I really don't feel that way! :)

Due to the copious amounts of candy purchases and even more candy consumption during October, I bought NO CANDY for Christmas! With the exception of candy canes to make peppermint bark. And I really don't miss any of it.

Bryan just started his Christmas shopping. Today. At 12 noon. He is both crazy and brave.

It's my goal to finish 2009 business taxes by December 31st. Call me insane. But I'm so close! :)

I can't wait to decorate Christmas cookies and leave some out for Santa this year! :) And don't forget carrots for his reindeer!

I also can't wait to move into a bigger apartment. With NON-smoking neighbors. Can't wait. But I'm still waiting...

I love that my kiddos eat their fruits and veggies. They're snacking on grapes while watching a Toy Trains DVD right now. And they're bopping their heads to the music. Adorable!

I totally wish it were appropriate to do a Nacho Libre and make your appearance at every event wearing stretchy pants. Especially right now!

My kids already love Anime. Still not sure how I feel about that.

I am oh so ready to get back into the musical swing of things. I miss being a part of music in general, especially in the creative process! It's been quite a sacrifice to not be able to participate since Bryan has been in school.

Less than a year and he is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

It just dawned on me (again) today how awesome San Diego is. But I'm not in love with it enough to stay here for the rest of my life.

Christmas Eve is going to be busy and I really just wanted a nice relaxing evening with my hubby and the kiddos, but it's not looking like it's going to be like that. Hooray for large families! :)

Merry Christmas to everyone!

6 devoted readers:

flip flop mama said...

Merry Christmas!

Michele said...

Hot/Cold Rice Bag? Wow, very impressive. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Ashley said...

Oh wow, your Christmas card is Adorable!!! I love photos that just capture everyone's personalities like that one does!

Hazen5 said...

Bryan is a lucky man, I am sure he loves his gift. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Raadgep Fam said...

I know this is LATE but I love you and Merry Christmas! I am so glad you are hangin in there! I wish I could be there to help lift your burdens. You are always in my prayers!