2/23/09

It's a miracle!

Since Einstein is seriously ahead of the learning curve for his age, I have always been under the impression that he has been ready for potty training for a while now. I've been dragging my feet for a number of reasons, (because I like to think I have a life outside of motherhood) and I wanted to devote my full attention to this dirty task once the time came.
Apparently, Einstein thought I was taking too long to train him correctly, so following his usual M.O., he did it himself.
I'm not kidding! After bath time one night, he got out of the tub, sat on his little potty for a while, and was SO excited that he left a non-liquid deposit for all to see. But I think I was more excited than he was! Wow, the pressure is off of me to be supermom! I have a super kid!
So this last week on top of all the normal routine, we had a SUPER busy week full of appointments galore with loooooong stretches of no bathroom, and even through all that, Lincoln had VERY few accidents. WAY TO GO!!! The deal is that if he keeps his Elmo's (big boy underwear) dry with no accidents for a week, he gets a bike. Let's all cross our fingers that he succeeds!
Great job so far, smarty pants! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

18 devoted readers:

Lianna said...

Hurray! That is exciting! I have been feeling the same way as you, not quite ready to devote the energy, but Dean is almost there. Good job Lincoln! Hope it continues to go well. What a relief that will be, one out of diapers and Orion will probably want to copy his big brother and do it early too.

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

SWEET! Bree was ready before I was too and then I missed the boat for a while! Yeah Lincoln!

Raadgep Fam said...

YEAH HOOOO! Good job buddy! Ya for you, I bet you are happy to have the cost of diapers go down!

Melody said...

WOW. That's impressive! What a little genius!

Ruth said...

Wow, that is amazing! I can't wait til I have to teach my little one... Oh, and thank you for the warm bath advice, it worked! :)

shayla said...

You're NOT kiddin'! wow...that is a super kid!

Ashley said...

Wow, that's exciting! Kirsten hasn't shown any signs of being ready yet, so I've never potty-trained a kid yet. That's awesome that he did it himself!

Hazen5 said...

He is every mother's DREAM!

Michele said...

Now you can HELP ME. I am so jealous. Way to go Lincoln!

Jessica said...

Man are you lucky!

Raadgep Fam said...

Well I guess you better start telling to your daughter in heaven and tell her you dont get the diaper cake till she comes! hehehehhehehheSo Get cracken sometimes this year! Tell Bryan its for a good cause!

Katie Harding said...

WOW!!!! What a great Kid!!! I'm trying to potty train Lucy and I'm not sure who is dragging her feet more, her or me. Lol. way to go! (you are super mom by the way. I just thought you should know that)

Kedrick & Kori said...

In response to your question, I would say from 1 to 2, especially how close yours are, at least with mine being 14 months apart I found it quite traumatizing. 2-3 has been much easier and less traumatic :) But I know it is different for everyone, it could be easier cuzz this 3rd is an absolute angel and delight.
Your family looks great, Lucky about the potty training! I am jealous

Brittany said...

Well look at your genius of a son! I would be DELIGHTED if this next one potty trained himself. What a relief. Let us know when he gets his bike. I am sure it will happen soon at the rate he is going!

queenieweenie said...

sammy did that...i deserved it after the hell spencer put me through.

Carrie said...

That is awesome!!! My sister is just starting the potty training today and she said she has been cleaning up messes all morning! Way to go Lincoln!!

Marcie said...

YAY! That is so wonderful because potty training is no easy task!

Edeninc said...

Will you have this picture in his Senior Yearbook? That would be awesome!