1/14/09

Ummm... Christmas Cards???

Yeah, so you remember when I said our Christmas Cards would be New Years cards? Well, that's not happening either. So I'm going to stop beating myself up over it and just say that 2008 wasn't a stellar year anyway (for reals), so why send a card about it? I'll break it down:



January- Orion was born, best labor EVER. Seriously.
February- Fuzzy. PPD in a major way.
March- Still feeling out of whack. Our business partner skips out on us.
April- Taxes, BLECH! Business partner's wife thinks I did taxes wrong and accuses me of some not very nice things. (We went to a CPA specializing in partnerships, and I did them perfectly thankyouverymuch!)
May- Crap, still crazy with baby weirdness. I get called to nursery.
June- Crap. I feel normal now. Busy cleaning carpets, more crap.
July- Yet more crap. I think there was a Legoland trip in there somewhere.
August- I convince Bryan to go back to school, I found a school for him to go to, and we tour the campus. AWESOME.
September- Bryan starts school; LOVES it.
October- Lincoln turns 2.
November- Residual crap from being crapped on back in March. Oh, the drama! (Honestly, how much could one little family be crapped on in one year???)
December- Bryan turns 28, Christmas.

2009- Hopefully less crap, hopefully more fun stuff, and hopefully much less stress!



I did learn about hope and prayer and trust and faith a whole lot last year. I thought I knew about those things, but when Heavenly Father truly puts you through the refiners fire, you begin to realize what you are truly made of. Bryan and I have weathered the storm of 2008 together. We've been able to rely and lean on one another. There of course were times when we didn't rely on each other. Those times really seemed dismal. But we are getting through everything together, and we are just a little stronger now because of past experiences.



I didn't mean for this post to be a bummer, but that's honestly how 2008 was! We didn't want it to be, but that's life. So to lighten things up a bit, here's a cute family photo:

7 devoted readers:

Claudia said...

I can't believe Orion is going to be one! :)

Carli said...

The most HONEST christmas card ever! Loved it! DOnt you hate the ones where they write "life is perfect! My child got straight A's and is in honors. My other child helps the homeless every wekend. My hubby makes millions so we went on 3 vacays this year!" Love your card. haha.

Katie Harding said...

Lol. Well it wasn't a fantastic year, but it does make for a great Christmas card. Hoping you have a much muCH, MUCH better year, but if not I'm always a phone call away!

Jeff, Kimberly, & Liam said...

I think a lot of people can relate with you and agree that 2008 could have been better. Lets hope that 2009 brings a lot less doo doo and a lot more money :).

Ashley said...

I hope you have a much better year this year! And I love the family photo!

shayla said...

funny girl! At least we know we'll always have a delightfully funny post to read:) I hear you about the refiner's fire. Last days for sure.

Marcie said...

I LOVE your honesty and I'm sorry for such a hard year! I am with you on the 2nd half of the year- I battled PPD for six months and I pray that I am really out of it now! We should talk.