1/25/09

Hello, I've missed you!

Those of you who have absolutey NO spare time know how difficult it is to find time to attend the Temple. Our desire is there, but it is SO hard to get ourselves to this wonderful place! Not being able to go *whenever I wanted* has always been a struggle for me. Ever since I was able to go, I made an effort to attend once a week. Then as it always does, life happened. After the mission, life got even busier. You know, the whole marriage and kids for eternity thing. Yeah, I jumped on the bandwagon! :)

Bryan and I have made a goal this year to attend the temple at least once a month. We both were temple workers, so it holds a very big place in our hearts. We wish we could live there! Anyway, since we've made this goal, it has been pretty easy to keep! The heavens have literally opened as far as who would babysit our kids gladly, (I know a lot of people would, but I also know how tiring Lincoln can be, especially with people he doesn't know very well. He gets shy around his grandparents for goodness sake!) and for an extended amount of time. Traffic isn't heavy. It's been awesome.
We were able to go to the temple last Friday (yeah, I'm a little slow to post this. Like I said; LIFE!). It was perfect! Oh Temple, how I've missed you! I am so glad that we were blessed to attend last week. There's nothing like a JAM-PACKED session. It was so cool. There was seriously NO EMPTY SEAT in the entire room. I love the feeling of peace and comfort you recieve, the inspiration, the answers to prayers, all of that yummy spiritual goodness. I'm excited to keep this goal alive! In fact, I challenge all of you to do the same! It is totally worth it. Really, if Bryan and I can go together (who has two day jobs and goes to school full time at night, and I have all day and night with kiddos/bills/keeping the fort down. Talk about a busy schedule these days!), you can go too. I DARE you! :)

9 devoted readers:

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

That is wonderful! It is true that if you can, we all can!

Matt & Brooke said...

Okay I have totally not been here for a while and had some good catching up to do!!! Funny funny xmas card- but really i hope 2009 is much more fine:) but really, how can it not be??? And I just might have to take that temple challenge, what a blessing to go once a month. Keep it up!

Jessica said...

That is such a great goal. At least you have a temple close by. The closest one to us is 2 1/2 hours away. So it is an all day event for us and finding a sitter, for free no less, for a whole day is virtually impossible. But excuses aside, Jake and I have recommitted ourselves to go more often. Go you!

Marcie said...

You are so cute- I love reading your posts. We're so lucky to have the SD temple be "our" temple. :)

queenieweenie said...

it is NOT easy to attend the temple when the kiddos are little! you are awesome.

shayla said...

You're so funny--great cute post!@

Hazen5 said...

Good for you! That's one of our goals this year too, "Temple Date Night". And then dinner at B.J.s, it' a perfect night!

Marcie said...

That's exactly how the PPD was for me too. It seems weird to say "was." I'm pretty sure that's behind me! :P

Raadgep Fam said...

I so miss the temple. We are saving and using our tax refund to go to Tokoyo and go to the temple. I love to see the temple......