11/1/08

Yes on 8!

I just want to say how much is bothers me that people talk about civil rights and Prop 8 in the same breath. Civil rights is about race, religion, creed, and most recently, age (and more than likely coming soon, mental capacity).

HOW is Prop 8 a civil rights issue???

  • First of all, homosexual relationships have EVERY RIGHT afforded them that heterosexuals do. Sometimes it seems like they are afforded even more...
  • The union of MARRIAGE IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHT. If that were the case, then 10-year-olds could be married with no issue or accountability.

Finally, and actual Civil Rights Activist on our side!

I got this video through an email. I already knew that Palomar students weren't typically MIT material, and this just reaffirms it to me. I love what Trent writes at the end of the video about his 1st and 2nd Ammendment rights!



Satan is gnashing his teeth and pulling out all the stops right now, but can be, no, we ARE stronger with the Lord on our side. One of my best friends was called a 'baby killer' when she was holding Prop 8 signs at a busy intersection. ??? I think maybe that person was confused? When she told me that, I actually laughed out loud because it was so incredibly asinine and uninformed!

I also thought that this was excellent information for all those fence-sitters that everyone knows of. Spread the word! Seriously, this feels like to me what the War in Heaven must have felt like. It has been difficult for many people because of our relationships with those whom have different lifestyles that we lead. But right is right, wrong is wrong, and just because the majority votes wrongly STILL doesn't make it right. It's our responsibility and opportunity to stand up for our beliefs and values NOW. We are at the last 100 hours of doing what we can to support Proposition 8. Let's make it count!

2 devoted readers:

Hazumu Osaragi said...

Hi;

May I interject a real life situation. I’d like to hear your guidance on this.

My mother was given a drug to take to lessen the chance of miscarriage and promote healthy babies — that’s what the doctor told her. The drug is Diethylstilbestrol, or DES. In male fetuses, it feminizes the brains of one in five of us ‘DES sons’.

I finally came to terms with this, and realized my choice was transition or die. So, I’m now a male-to-female transsexual who’s had ‘the operation.’ I’ve changed all my legal paperwork and although I still have a male body with XY chromosomes, it has been retrofitted to approximate female anatomy, which is good because if I ever end up in an accident, there will be no ’surprise’ for the first responders.

I ‘pass’ very well, thank you. Only rarely do strangers figure out I was not born this way. Most people have to be told, by me, or, more often, by someone else who just has to ‘drop the bomb.’

All my paperwork has been changed. Legally, I'm female. But I have to find an OB/GYN who can check my prostate during my yearly pelvic exam (yearly mammograms don't need that level of disclosure.)

So my question to you is — knowing what you know now about me, and assuming for the moment you get absolute power to label me and make determinations on where I can and can't go —

-Do I marry a man? Or do I marry a woman?

-Which restroom and changing facility do you feel I, a male-to-female transsexual, should use when in public spaces?

-Am I immoral?

-Am I a paedophile?

-Am I tearing down western society in support of a deviant agenda?

-Am I selfish?

I eagerly await your responses;

Hazumu Osaragi

Sarah said...

Interesting food for thought. I would like to know where YOU stand? Do you think you are any of those things? (immoral, paedophile, selfish) To whom are you attracted to? (male female) If you have legally changed from male-female because of a medical drug in-utero, do you feel that you should be lumped in the same group as gays/lesbians, who have not gone to such lengths as yourself? I am interested to hear back!