11/14/08

Random thoughts

I know all of you are dying to get into my fabulous brain, so here is a snippet of what I think about during any given day. Any responses (or answers to my musings) would be greatly appreciated!
______________________________________

Google Reader is a great tool but I am too lazy to put in all the addresses. It would be nice if they joined the 21st century and allowed an easy transfer/cut and paste option. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong??? Sheesh!


If Lincoln escapes one more time today, I swear I will chain him to a DOOR.


I wonder what it would be like to be a surrogate mother? I bet the husband would absolutely HATE that. All those hormones, then no baby at the end. wow.


Should I try to sell my diaper clutches and baby blankets? Would it even be worth the hassle? I know how much PAPERWORK and TAXES are involved even in a small business. Could I really handle it on top of all that stuff I do now?


I HAVE TO GET A REFRIGERATOR LOCK. One that works. None of this 'stick on and clasp' crap. Don't people know my boy is an evil genius?


What should we do (for free) tomorrow? Bryan is getting the dent in his truck fixed and it's going to take the whole day in San Diego. I'm thinking Presidio Park, Balboa Park, then... maybe Seaport Village? Oh boy, I'm gonna be loving the two boys with no naps situation tomorrow!


I really hope we can sell our car and get a bigger one SOON. Then again, not really. I need four doors, but as bad as a coupe is, a coupe is better than no car at all.


Global Warming is both a myth and a reality. It's seriously overkill. Al Gore, get over it. And you DIDN'T invent the Internet, sorry.


Wow, I thought Prop 8 passed? What's up with the GLBT community trying to spread "tolerance" after it passed? And I really wish they wouldn't compare this to the Civil Rights movement. That is so LAME.


Speaking of, why oh WHY are Bisexuals lumped in with the gays/lesbians/bisexual/transgender community? If your attraction to the same sex is something you are born with (which is what they claim), and bisexuals have sex with BOTH men and women...? I don't get it. To me, regardless of a bazillion studies, that is a choice. A pretty strange one at that.


I'm so sad that Michael Jackson is a weirdo. His music is (was) awesome.


I've come to realize that my kids love rocking out to 80's music. Orion prefers Robert Palmer (you're addicted to love), while Lincoln loves Bon Jovi. Who knew?


I CAN'T WAIT FOR JANUARY 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bryan will graduate with a BA in Graphic Design emphasizing in 3D Animation. I will finally have my husband AND my nights back! I can handle being a single mom for one year and three months...


Santa is poor this year, so I won't be getting a new digital camera. So sad. Maybe after our tax return?


I keep forgetting to borrow mom's water bath (canning). Maybe on Saturday!


Should I grow my hair out again, or keep it short? I like it long, but Bryan like it short. The problem with short hair is that it has to be 'done' all the time. That is not possible for me right now. Not when Lincoln wakes up with the sun. I can barely get in a shower!


The battery on our laptop started failing exactly 10 days after our warranty expired. Huh. How clever.


Making your own baby food really isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I'd been meaning to do it for months now, and now that Orion is almost done with it... well, I suppose I'll do it indefinitely for our next ones (No announcements, I'd better not be pregnant!).


I now have a lot of stage 2 & 3 baby food coupons up for grabs...


I'm LOVING that Lincoln is so into carrots right now! I can tell him that sweet potatoes (cut up) are carrots and he eats them. Now if I could only get Bryan to do the same... the only veggies he eats are the lettuce and tomato on a burger!


Why do I still submit my Pamper Points if I pretty much know I'm never going to use them? All their prizes are dumb now. They no longer offer the Kelty Kids Bike I had my eye on... hmmm.


How on earth can a two year old have this much ENERGY?


I'm so glad Orion is pretty darn easy going. At least for now. For all I know he could spend the rest of his life catching up to Lincoln.


I love that my boys are so close in age, but it's still pretty funny that there are some out there who think they are twins. Yeah... one of my 'twins' has dwarfism. No, they are not twins, birth control just doesn't work correctly for the Harrison's!


I haven't had a nice compliment from a male in a long time (besides Bryan). Do I really look that Matronly? Gotta work on that. Not that I'm fishing for compliments or anything, but you know how it is... it's nice to know that you've still got it.


If we don't end up in California, we are more than likely going to settle in the Seattle area. I can safely say that I am so stoked at that prospect! Considering that I'm not too big of a beach person, and it costs two arms and a leg to buy a house here, I'm not all that choked up. But that's a long way off anyway. And it's ultimately which video game company Bryan is going to be working for. I know he wants to open his own studio... but I really don't want to! Not after our own business endeavor. I want my job to be the mommy and that's it. (No more paperwork/accounting that keeps me up) Everyone knows how much of a full time job that is in itself. And I think I'm pretty good at it, too! Just please, no more small business owner stress attached!


I really need to be better at eating during the day. I get so busy with whatever that I don't realize how ravenous my body is, then I overeat and start the vicious cycle all over again. I won't be able to get away with that for forever.


I wonder how newspapers are still in business? How has the Internet affected their revenues?


The problem with our financially lacking status isn't our overspending, it's our lack of anything coming in! Good thing it's not for forever.


Wouldn't it be awesome to be COMPLETELY out of debt? We're getting there! This year we started by not using ANY of our credit cards. It's been tough, but amazing to not owe any more than we already do.


I found out today that we owe less that I originally thought for Bryan's truck; YAY!!!


I need to find a sweepstakes that I can enter for free and win a car/suv/van/anything bigger than we have now that gets decent gas mileage. Then I need to win it. :)


Our next baby needs to be a girl. I've paid my dues. :)


I REALLY need more space than we have. A homeofficekitchenlivingdining room isn't cutting it. I am constantly in a state of clutter and that's really getting to me. I would love to be where I once was: uber organized. Methinks I will never get there!


SO bummed that the Nutmeg house probably won't work out. Chalk it up to just ANOTHER Harrison (extended) family miscommunication (hate those).


I am so close to going out and getting ANY paint color for the walls. I am so done with no personality stark white walls!


Wow, even though my kids are crazy, I am SO glad they don't act like the neighbor kids. Lincoln really is a thoughtful, sweet boy. He's just so full of energy and inquisitiveness, too!


So, if we're having Thanksgiving a week early (McBride side), does that mean I can decorate for Christmas a week early? :)

I am really looking forward to the day when we will have a back yard. Can't wait. So excited. Hoping it's sooner rather than later.


It bugs me when people just look at my blog and don't comment. I don't care if I don't know you. But the funny thing is, I totally do the same thing!


I need to get Bryan's heart and glucose levels checked out. There is diabetes in his family and I think he's a pretty high risk. He doesn't seem to think it's all that important. HELLO, it is!


I need new frames and glasses. Gotta wait for the tax return! :)


To go for cloth diapers or not...? If I had my own washer, definitely. But, seeing as I don't, no way.


Who do I know that wants a Costco sized jar of pickles with about 5 pickles missing? Yes, I still have it! Pickles don't go bad for years anyway, and I value the fridge space more than the pickles!


I've never been a girly girl, but I'm not a sporty girl either. Where do I fit in? Not too sure. Does that mean I'm having an identity crisis?


I'm glad Lincoln is getting over the 'break everything in sight just to see if it really holds up' phase. Really glad.


How are we going to put up or tree this year with TWO sets of sticky fingers?


The Twilight movie? Sure, I want to see it. But I'm not totally into it. Maybe I'll ask Lisa to go and make the hubbies watch the kids. No video games, just play with the kids!

I want to lose 40 pounds in 6 months. That's about 6.6 pounds each month. Less than 2 pounds per week. I can totally do that.


What to make for dinner? Leftovers, yay! :)
_________________________________________

Thanks for taking a peek into my psyche! Come back anytime!

10 devoted readers:

Carli said...

i like your mind. It's kinda like mine! and dont worry, I am poor too. someday....

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

You crack me up. You have good random thoughts!

shayla said...

Holy Mama! That was a fun read! Just along the same lines of the things that go through my head, only I didn't write mine down. I'm having the same hair crisis since I donated 14"...I HATE IT. So if you figure out a way to magically grow long hair again without being pregnant, let me know.

Melody said...

Wow. You have a lot of thoughts. Very entertaining to read! :)

Rachel Wattson said...

That was plenty of randomness. It's amazing what you can put on paper that you can't say without sounding insane. If all women walked around speaking what we were thinking we would never get married!

Jeff, Kimberly, & Liam said...

Do you feel better now that it is all down? I find a load off once I write things down. I enjoyed your thoughts! I can't wait till we have money some day too!

Hazen5 said...

Boy girl, you think way too much! That was so funny. I actually have to agree on a lot of your thoughts!

Jessica said...

Wow, you have to be exhausted after the end of every day, just thinking everything that you do! Let alone, chase after 2 kids. I don't think I think about as much, but I've never really taken inventory. Maybe I should.

Lianna said...

Wow! When did you have time to write down all your thoughts? I only got through a third of them before your blog design made me dizzy.
That is funny that you said too bad Michael Jackson is a weirdo, that is exactly what Brandon said last night while we drove home listening to his music.
I am going through the same thing with Dean right now, running away from me and getting into the fridge. I guess we're just supposed to enjoy it because they are growing up so fast?
Good luck!

Matt & Brooke said...

Wow!!! those are some fun thoughts...thanks for letting me in your head:)