3/4/08

Perfectly Coifed

Last Friday I wasn't feeling the greatest. I had a sore throat, my head was pounding from sleep deprivation, and Bryan and & had planned a date that night, the first in months. Just my luck; there was no WAY I was going to bail out on our date! So, what did I do? I slept as much as I could during the day! Once Lincoln went down for a nap, I did the same. I'm so very lucky that he takes long naps! Orion was also incredibly accommodating; my children are awesome!



Anyway, after I woke up feeling 80 times better, refreshed, and ready to tackle the rest of the day, in true Sarah fashion, I decided to take on a major project:







Shave Lincoln's head!







Everyone loves Lincoln's hair, as it is the perfect blonde color, thick, and healthy. I can't tell you though, how hard it is to get fully wet during a bath, let alone how frustrating it can be to have to trim it every two weeks because of it's rapid growth.







It turned out so cute! I called Bryan to tell him I was shaving Lincoln's head, and he laughed in surprise and told me to wait for him so he could do it. So I waited, and mid-head shave, Bryan started getting the buzz cut bug, and decided to shave his head too.







Lincoln was at first scared of the sound the shaver made, but once we let him hold it and see what we were doing, he was for the most part not too wiggly. It did take forever though, because he was so curious about where all the hair was coming from.







Once they were both shorn like a sheep, the fallen hair could have posed as a small yappy dog, there was so much hair! I was more shocked to see that from Lincoln, he's not even two!





(Lincoln's hair is the 1st picture; Bryan's is the 2nd)



The moral of the story is that my life is slightly easier; bath time is twice as fast since I don't have to wrestle with Lincoln to fully wet his hair. It now takes about two seconds to dry, too. Success!


By the way, our date was awesome! We went to the Flying Bridge in Oceanside (yummy), and then The Spiderwick Chronicles. It's similar to a modern-day 'Labrynth', without David Bowie. Not for young kids, way too scary-realistic looking. But it was great get away from reality predictable entertainment.

7 devoted readers:

Tiffany said...

I cannot make up my mind if he is cute with hair or without hair!

Raadgep Fam said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to get out and have a date night, call again when you are ready for another one! I think they look cute together but lincol i think i liked his hair but he looks cut anyways!

Christy said...

I love it when I find my friends' blogs! Your kids are so adorable!

brooke said...

I LOVE his hair buzzed, like I said the other night. He definitely looks a lot more grown up. Such a cutie!

Marcie said...

Sarah, both of your men look great with their shaved heads! Glad you had a date night. Cute blue shirt! Sorry I missed your comeback on Sunday, I've been sick all week. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this week!

Carli said...

Lincoln is so cute! Buzzed hair makes him look like a big boy! I got stressed just reading your blog with you sick and 2 kids! I am afraid to have another!

*katie said...

Cute buzzed head! I have to cut my little boys hair for the first time this weekend. It's totally getting in their eyes and like you said, when it's long it's hard to get all the way wet during bath time.