2/4/09

I'll post about that later...

Okay, I have a million things to post about, from Monster jam to Curly's 1st word (movie malfunction with that one. Oh blogger, how I loathe thy lack of attaching media with ease!), to my B-day, but that stuff will have to wait...

Einstein has been boycotting the naps BIGTIME lately. As in, he will be in his room for literally H O U R S before he passes out with exhaustion, and that's if I'm lucky. I'm not sure what else to do at this point, other than lock him in and hope for the best???
Well, today Curly has been cranky, too. But his situation is different; he just wants to sleep! So when I went to put Orion down at around 2pm for his third nap that day, I was greeted by this:

An empty bed.

My first reaction was "Oh man! He's escaped yet again!", and for a full two seconds I started freaking out. But then I remembered that we secured both windows and have a lock on his door, so it is more secure than Fort Knox. Seriously, there is NO way out; I learned that the hard way (another story. It was very similar to this, except it was in his room and Curly was on the other side of the door. SO not fun!).

The second place I checked was in Curly's crib... empty!

So, really... where could he be? There was only one place left to look:

The closet!



And yes, the door was closed. Einstein even nested his pillow in there with him! I was laughing so hard, I was afraid that I would wake him up! The best part is that he slept in the closet for FOUR HOURS!!! Maybe he'll try it again tomorrow? I don't want to push my luck...


It's moments like these that help me realize how much I love motherhood. And even though Einstein is a true handful, he is also so very sweet and quite resourceful!
Motherhood is hard and relentless. Every mom knows that! :) But isn't it so great to experience those tender mercies that make it all worth it? I do!

6 devoted readers:

Erin Hoy said...

That is pretty darn cute!

shayla said...

..don't you just love it when they dance to the beats of their OWN drums??

Katie Harding said...

ok I know that you already told me about this, but seriously!!!! THIS IS SOOOO CUTE!!!! Great pics!!! Lincolns so hilarious. Ya, I'm not ready for boys!

Raadgep Fam said...

Thats is so funny! i love it! Maybe you should set up a bed in there? lol

Whitney Carnohan said...

That is awesome! Boys are always surprising!

Ashley said...

That is SO cute and funny that he fell asleep in the closet! I'm glad you got pictures of it! I should try putting Kirsten in the closet next time she boycotts a nap. :)