12/30/08

A Blue Christmas

Yeah, yeah, so I've been TOTALLY uninspired, and overwhelmed with TOO MUCH to post about (is it possible to be both at the same time? If your name is Sarah Harrison, then I guess so!), so I've chosen the 'present' option (ala president-elect Obama), and decided to not post anything at all!
Once I get my rear in gear, There will be much to post about. But for now, just a little tidbit for you all:

The week of Christmas, the hinges on my cell phone broke. I was so sad! I totally love my phone! But there was so much to do and so little time, so I just decided to baby it until I could do something about it. Well, this evening, all I heard was a little 2-year-old voice in the bathroom saying "uh-oh!" And you know that's never good.

Turn's out I left my phone in the bathroom counter (so I could hear it ring when Bryan called during kids' bathtime). Lincoln decided my phone wasn't broken enough and that I obviously didn't need to focus my energy on folding laundry, so he put the poor electronic device out of it's misery. My sorry little Tiny Tim of a phone is now snapped in half. Whomever sent me that text message around 8pm tonight, sorry, I didn't get it. I'm sure you can see why:

(In all seriousness, I know it truly wasn't his fault. My phone was on it's last legs anyway. If you opened it the wrong way, it was gonna bust apart like that. But I sure was pretty sad regardless!)
So now, I am using an old Blackberry Phone that's probably older than me (Bryan got it from some guy back east a few years back). And did you know that if you have a Blackberry you HAVE to have an internet package on your cell phone plan? Okay, maybe I'm the last person to know about that. But Hello? An extra 30 bucks a MONTH for features I wouldn't use anyway??? Geesh! That's like an extra tank of gas for Bryan's truck! Can you tell that I wouldn't have an I-phone? I am way too cheap.

So, just pure sadness. Not only do I have to pay for extra goodies that I won't use, I'm paying for extra goodies on an outdated phone. But the good part is that it's only a temporary fix until we figure out if we really are switching cell phone carriers or not. And yes, I am that trivial. :)
On a good note, {cross your fingers and toes} it seems that our Christmas Miracle just may happen! We are selling our car! But just in case our buyer doesn't come through, if anyone knows of anyone else looking to buy a Honda, let us know; we have one to sell! You can email me for details.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

5 devoted readers:

Alyosha said...

My husband needed a temporary p0hone a few months ago and he bought one of the crazy cheap prepaid ones at walmart or something. They're like $10 or something ridiculous, and you just put your old sim card in and it should work fine on your plan. There's a cheaper route for you, and if it's just temporary....

Rebecca said...

Totally unrelated, but I just realized Orion and Jeffrey will be in the same grade. Wait, is that right?

Hazen5 said...

My phone is broken too! I don't know how I lived my life without one!

Ashley said...

Oh, the picture of the phone snapped in half is too funny! Have a happy New Year!!!

queenieweenie said...

I got to buy a new water heater and tires for Christmas! FUN!