11/27/08

Backpedaling

So we are not, I repeat, NOT moving! And this is where I start backpedaling... I need to rescind our 30-day notice, unpack packed boxes, resubmit our names for an apartment change, blah blah blah. But I suppose it's a good thing:

  • I got rid of unnecessary junk that we've been holding on to for years
  • I GET TO DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS! YAY YAY YAY!!! :)
  • We get to stay in our ward (sorry WP ward, no Harrisons for you, sad clown face)
  • We get the entire (tiny) place to ourselves instead of sharing it with someone else
  • We will still qualify for Bridge Housing Scholarships, woot
  • Our not-so-great neighbors are in the process of moving themselves, so we will have (hopefully) better neighbors to stare at (our patios face one another)
  • We get the entire (tiny) place to ourselves instead of sharing it with someone else
  • In any event, we won't be here longer than 18 months anyway (once Bryan is done with school, we'll more than likely be in Washington or the East Coast)
  • We get the entire (tiny) place to ourselves instead of sharing it with someone else (gee, do I sound like I was worried about that one?)

In all honesty, the closer we got to moving, the closer I got to dreading it. This is coming from the girl that before she moved to Cali, she would move once every two years, give or take. I'm not a newbie to moving at all, and I'm always up for adventure. I just... was dreading it. So now I suppose I don't have to dread any more! And I can finally paint these white walls, ack! :)

11 devoted readers:

Melody said...

I LOVE your family Christmas picture!!! :)

Hazen5 said...

Yay! I for one are very glad you guys are staying.

Love your family picture and new blog look! Brian is not the only one with artistic talent!

Rebecca said...

I am so glad!! I had the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read your earlier post! :( So this is really good news! Yay for sovereignty!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah ... happy that you aren't moving because we're in the middle of one and it SUCKS!!! Question for you. I was wondering if your husband has a truck-mounted steam cleaner? Our landlord requires it for our move-out. Fun! If he does, I was hoping he could come and clean our carpets on Weds ... Short notice, I know.

Hope all is well!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah - didn't get your email. Could you resend - mjorowe@hotmail.com

Thanks!
MR

Jessica said...

Your family picture is so cute! I love it!

Ashley said...

Your family picture at the top is SO cute! I'm glad you're not having to go through all the stresses of moving during Christmastime, that is NOT fun. Have fun decorating!!!

queenieweenie said...

Yipee! I'm so glad we get to have your cute family for a little while longer.

Your family picture is SO CUTE!

Katie Harding said...

I"m so glad you guys decided not to move! I would have missed you! I'm glad to hear that your icky neighbors are moving too. Hopefully you'll get better ones. (cuz,lets face it, how much worse could anyone get? lol! j/k) Enjoy decorating for Christmas!

Matt & Brooke said...

Yeah for staying!!!

Edeninc said...

You should move to Charlotte, NC. It's so amazing and inexpensive! I love it here!! I'll be happy to tell you anything you want to know and send you any info. It's way better than Washington.