10/23/08

Happy Birthday Lincoln!


Two years ago today I was biding my time until you would come to greet us. It took about 45 hours of labor for you to make up your mind, but that no longer matters. Today you are TWO!!! I honestly can not believe that you are two already. People didn't lie when they say it goes by fast.

You were born at 5:45pm, and very upset that you left your nice warm abode! Within half an hour after you were born, you were completely bright eyed and curious about everything; staring straight into your family's eyes, looking around as much as possible. And you have not stopped wondering about EVERYTHING since!
You were such an easy going easy to love baby. You still are! As soon as you could physically do it, you smiled cute little grins and flirted with the ladies. Your funny faces are something to see, even as a newborn!
About a week after you were born, Your daddy and mommy hosted a Halloween party (we had no idea how crazy that really was to do that, considering there was no recovery time and planning parties are always stressful for me; we didn't know any better!). We went as Han Solo, Princess Leia, and you were the ever so wise Yoda. You were swimming in your newborn costume, you were still so tiny! But you didn't care much, as you slept the entire time.
You are so fun and frustrating to have around, because you are just so dang smart! It is infuriating but really awesome at the same time; I don't worry so much about you because I show you how to do something once (twice on a cranky day), and you know how to do it. Our Apartment has to be locked up like Fort Knox or you would escape through the front door or through the windows (like you have several times before). And you are fast and quiet, a triple threat!

You are adventurous; you already love sports and balls of all kinds. And your guns! Your uncle Nate and Governor Sarah Palin are so proud...
You don't mind when I dress you up. In fact, you actually love it. You love having your hair spiked (you ask for it every morning), and you love all of mom's girly shoes. Ok, you like dad's shoes, too. But it's so dang funny when you are running around with my heels on. You can run in heels better than any woman I know!




I love that you love books; you can't get enough reading time.

I love that you are helpful.

I love that you are brave.

I love that you are kind (most of the time) to your brother, and you always want to kiss him goodnight.
I love that you are so smart and communicative with your words.
(I don't have a picture for his communicativeness.)
I love that you sing along with me and with Sesame Street.
(Don't have a picture for that one, either!)

I love that you idolize your daddy and want to be just like him.



Happy Birthday Linky-dink!
Hugs and Kisses
from mama & daddy! MWAH!




10 devoted readers:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln!

Alyosha said...

He's only two? He's big. And is that really you nine moths pregnant? I look that big at 5 months.

queenieweenie said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! Love the church parking lot preggo picture (I wonder how many of those are out there?)

Melody said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! :) I'll bet he'll enjoy reading that thoughtful post when he's older.

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

It does go so fast! Happy Birthday little guy!

Sarah said...

Ok Aloysha, you got me. My preggo pic is around 7 months. I didn't get monstrous until around 8 months, and my vanity doesn't allow for posting ugly pics of myself. Seriously, I'm glad I have them, but I look back and I am scared that those pictures will be used as blackmail one day!

Carli said...

wow! I can't believe he is 2 either! He was just a baby when you came to my baby shower. Is that the last time I saw you? We eally need to get together the next time I am in town. Hapy birhday Lincoln!

Mike and Bianca said...

oh my gosh, that is so cute! he seems like such a little stud with so much personality! happy birthday little guY!

Rebecca said...

That was so sweet! I totally teared up! You're such a wonderful mommy. Can I be like you when I grow up? :)

Raadgep Fam said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I cant believe you have grown up! You are such a good brother!

Sarah~
Good job on the party, Super fun!