9/21/08

I'm Trying to be Like JESUS

I am going on a rant, but this is a serious one.

I am pro-life, like many other men and women. I believe in the sanctity of life, even if it may be a result of assault or rape. (The adult pregnancy rate associated with rape is estimated to be 4.7% of rape victims.) Children, even when they can be a handful, are an amazing reminder of the power and reverance of mankind.

Our precious, innocent babies are the main reason why I would never ever vote for Barack Obama. Putting other politic points aside (that is totally another post), what kind of person would vote AGAINST the Born Alive Infant Protection Act (Illinois)??? An act which has everything to do with giving aid to a living human life, and nothing to do with undermining 'Roe vs. Wade'.

I know this has been in the press for a while, but I want to post it {WARNING: these are links that will bring you to tears at the injustice of evil men. Do not follow the links if you aren't able to handle the sad reality of what happens to His precious little ones} here, here, and here, in case none of you know about it. Oh, and here, too! The mere fact that abortion in and of itself is a hot topic on both sides, methinks Obama talked himself into a hole that is quite difficult to talk himself out of.

And here is a clip of Gianna Jessen. What a remarkable life story!

All you women out there (since this is primarily a forum with women at its helm), VOTE! Do what you have to; register, get educated on the facts, and make your voice heard. Women didn't finally win the right to vote over 100 years later just so you could sit on your hands and do nothing with your vote! (-Little side note- Did you know slavery was abolished over 50 years before women had the right to vote nationwide? Take that, NAACP!)

So anyway, I'm trying to be like Jesus (who wouldn't vote for him). And I'll start by not giving my precious vote to Barack Obama.

Thank you, my rant is over!

6 devoted readers:

Carli said...

Way to say it Sarah! I feel exactly the same way! The only time when I do feel an abortion would be in need of is when the mothers life is in danger or the child could not live outside of the woumb. I feel this way because I have people very close to me that have had that situation before with conjoined twins. Anyway, thanks for having the guts to post this blog. I enjoyed reading it!

brooke said...

Abortion is also the main reason that I am NOT voting for Sen. Obama. If anything, that is the ONE topic that means the most to me in this world. I will support whoever is pro-life.

shayla said...

...and that's only the tip of the iceberg for my reasons NOT to vote for Obama. Don't even get me started! Great post, Sarah!

Hazen5 said...

Ugh!! That makes me sick! Good job getting the word out!

queenieweenie said...

it is unfathomable to me what people think is okay. thanks for standing up and encouraging others to do the same.

Michele said...

You go girl! Amen to your post.