8/14/08

Here we go...

Ya gotta admidt, the boy's got talent...


So, any suggestions? Anyone who knows him knows that crib tents are out; any child that can take out outlet protectors (and plug in appropriate electrical devices nonetheless), unlock door locks(not rip off or destroy. unlock. dead serious), and open refrigerators can so easily pop off a measily little crib tent. It is SO beneath him... :)

Nikki, isn't he just the spitting image of Jake at this age, as far as outwitting child safety devices? Hmmmm, must be the family curse :)

P.S. As I was posting this he wanted to see the video, so after I played it for him, he just laughed and said "I got out!" wow. I will not be cashing in any babysitting offers any time soon.

8 devoted readers:

Carli said...

I know this sounds strange, but my friends actually bought their little boy a real camping tent and they out the mattress in there. They zip it up at night and they took the inside zipper off so that he could't get out. When he is asleep, they un do the zipper a bit so that he can get out when he wakes up. Just an idea.

Tiffany said...

Wow. Impressive. I don't know what else to say.

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

I have a little monkey climber too. Some kids are climbers and some aren't. Sorry, I don't have any tips though. Bree now says "No climbing. I get in trouble" when I catch her starting to climb on furniture or whatever!

Raadgep Fam said...

OKay see i am not the only one with the tent idea! HA!

Okay but your boy is crazy! GESH well at least you get your hair colored taht way we wont see the gray hairs hes giving you! lol

Cameron and Cindy said...

Hey! How do you know RaeLynn? Her brother is married to my husband's sister!! :)

Brittany said...

I am sitting here laughing in my head recalling a story that a friend told me like 6 months ago. I can see that I need to pass the story on. I am also sitting here laughing at the thoughts that your friends who read this might have for me after they read it. Oh well...I don't care. It's a suggestion!

My friend has a VERY crazy little boy. CRAZY. They too had the same problem. He would climb out. Tear blankets off, eat the crib railing and everything else destructive. SO....here is the killer...put a huge piece of PLY WOOD on top of the crib to cover it so he couldn't get out! Can you believe that? LOL!! PLY WOOD. She said it worked. It's worth a shot if you are that desperate!

Hazen5 said...

There is no cure for the escape artist! Once he's out, he's out for good!!! Sorry.

Katie Harding said...

WOW! HaHa! Well, I think its time for a toddler bed then, might as well if he is already climbing out of his crib! Besides maybe having a cool big boy bed will keep him in it for a while. Also, there is a website I'll have to find for you that sells more complex locks, socket covers etc. (everything). The locks were originally made for older children who have Autism, but lots of parents buy them because there toddlers are just plain too smart for there own good....like Lincoln here! Good luck!!!!