2/24/08

Baby crazy


This post is devoted to Orion James Harrison!

To describe my pregnancy with him, I would have to say that it was mostly uneventful. I of course had the usual aches and pains of pregnancy, and a ton of heartburn from day one, but all in all I had no complaints. I had to carry Lincoln a lot during my pregnancy, because he was still so young and didn't start really walking places until he was 11 months old (me @ 5 months pregnant). But the juggling was simply my practice round for current life!
The only scare we had was around 32 weeks, where Orion still hadn't turned yet(he was still in breech position), so I was told to do specific stretches and put ice on my belly to motivate him to turn, otherwise he would have to be manually turned from the outside. But it worked! Orion finally moved into place by 35 weeks, and it was full speed ahead by then.
Because I was carrying Lincoln a lot and growing out quite a bit, I decided to go the induction route. My OBGYN, Dr. Biter (AWESOME, I would recommend him to anyone!), was totally cool about that, and he said that if I was effaced and dialated sufficiently, then we could do it as early as 38 weeks. I was, and we scheduled it for January 26. We dropped off Lincoln at Grandma and Grandpa's the night before, and he got to have a fun weekend with them while we were in the hos
pital.

Delivery went off without a hitch, and it was so FAST! We got there on the scheduled day, I got hooked up on pitocin, had an epidural a few hours afterwards (walking epidurals are divine, ladies!), and eight hours and ten minutes of pushing later, Orion was born! Let me tell you, eight hours and four pushes is a huge difference from 45 hours and 1 hour of pushing (with Lincoln)! Like I said, pretty uneventful. It was such a relaxed atmosphere, it really was wonderful! Orion was born January 26 at 6:35pm, 7lbs 10oz, and 20.5 inches long.

Orion is such a sweet baby! He loves to sleep (yay!), and he coos and looks right at you when you talk. He hardly ever cries, and seems to have such a patient personality. I of course want to get baby announcements out, but only when he starts to smile so I can get a really cute picture of him!

Lincoln loves his baby brother to pieces, so much that I have to really watch them together. He gets so excited that he can't contain it, and starts getting too aggressive with Orion. Such is having two boys, I guess!
So at the end of this blog, here is my shameless plug:
Dr. Biter was referred to me by a friend of mine. She would gush about what an awesome OBGYN he was, how nice his facilities were, how great his staff was, etc. I was slightly skeptical of her rave review, but I went to see him anyway. Seriously ladies, if you are planning on having a baby any time soon, GO SEE DR BITER! He takes most insurance, delivers at Scripps in Encinitas, is very knowledgeable, and has great bedside manner. My husband really liked him, too. I give him my stamp of approval, and as long as we live here, we are having all our babies delivered by him! If you want more info about him, email me and I will give you all the dirt! I can honestly say that I was SO happy I took my friend's advice and went to see him for my prenatal care. YOU SHOULD SEE HIM TOO!

7 devoted readers:

Tiffany said...

He is so beautiful! I just love all the pictures! Welcome to blogging so much fun!

brooke said...

So glad you added the comment thing! =) I can't wait to see little Orion. He looks totally precious. I ran into your mom at Rachel Lough's reception, and she was telling me all about her newest grandson. So cute!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Sarah! Your boys are SO cute!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! You are amazing! I'm sitting here crying, cause I'm so happy for you! We love you!
Crystal

J & J Bates said...

Hey Sarah! Your blog is awesome. your boys are super cute. Hope I get to meet them soon.

Marcie said...

It was fun to read about sweet little Orion's birth! I'm glad you have entered the blogging world. :)

Raadgep Fam said...

Okay wow after seeing him today he is so big! I cant wait to hold hom again! Lincoln is getting so big that stinker! I am s glad you are on the Blog train!