12/12/09

Happy Birthday Einstein!

my newborn


UPSET about being 1! :)
EXCITED about two! (and the scooter really helped!)

THRILLED to be 3!


You are 3. I can't believe it! And you have grown up so fast. I'm still amazed at how smart you really are; people laugh when I endearingly call you an evil genius, but it's true!
You are beginning to show your willingness to be helpful. Sometimes you surprise me by helping me carry bags of groceries into the house, or helping Curly with something. Not to say that you aren't a rascal at times... you definitely still are the ringleader for trouble! :) You keep me and daddy on our toes most of the time.
You have the role of big brother, and you are a good one! I can't wait to see you interact with Baby when she comes; you love tiny babies. You are gentle and kind when you put your mind to it, and you can run circles around any other kid your age in the endless energy factor. You are a super fast runner! Another thing I'm excited about is soccer season. You can be on a league this year! I have a feeling you're going to really love it :)
Einstein, you're really good at remembering things. You have the memory of an Elephant. It's so funny to realize what you remember weeks, even months later. I love seeing your mind work, and your artistic flair isn't too bad, either. You definitely got that from dad. :) I love how you remember words to songs that I've taught you: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "Little Bunny Foo-Foo", "I Am A Child of God", and the ever-random "Tractor song" (John Deere theme song? who knows, I still haven't figured it out!) are among your favorites.
It's awesome that you have mastered your ABC's and numbers to 20 ages ago, as well as most shapes and colors. I think it's really cute that you prefer the color red over any other, and pink was the first color that you verbally recognized.
I love it (and hate it) that you are incredibly personable; you will say 'hi' to anyone. ANYONE. Even the scary people! :) And then you will tell them "I have a baby sister", as if she's already here. So cute!
You have such a driven personality. When you want to do something, neither hell nor high water will stop you. That will definitely come in handy throughout your life, though it's more than a bit frustrating for me right now.
I can tell that you already have a small testimony of Jesus Christ. It's awesome to see you interested in the paintings in the church halls, and how you always want me to come with you to tell you the stories of each one. I also get a kick out of you wanting to know about Moroni and Nephi. They were some pretty awesome dudes, if I do say so myself! :)
So Happy Birthday, Linky-dink. You made it to 3! Hopefully you won't do me in before 4! Love you tons baby!

2 devoted readers:

Susie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new family photo!! Hope you guys had some great b-day celebrations!!

Raadgep Fam said...

Happy bday buddy. Wow my first birthday that I missed for him. I think I am even now with both boys. I miss and love you buddy!