3/8/09

Disneyand!!!

I. L O V E Disneyland. And since I've been married, Disneyland has taken a quick backseat to pregnancies, kids, life, jobs, and everything else! So when some good friends of ours gave us tickets to go with them, I made Bryan clear his schedule; we were going! And we went for a fun day on the 21st (yes, I am totally behind on our fun days!)
the parking garage... our kids don't even know what's gonna hit them! :)
Boy am I ever glad we did! Our boys had SO much fun, and it was so cute to see Lincoln's face light up when he saw Lightning McQueen in "real life". Too cute. The boys had never been to Disneyland before and they were both on excellent behavior. (for the most part. It doesn't matter where it is or what Lincoln is waiting for; he physically can't keep still for more than 1 nanosecond!). It IS the Happiest Place on Earth, after all. Lincoln was so excited to be there, he was just burning energy at the entrance while we were waiting to meet up with everyone! He was twirling in circles and kept saying "Disneyland, Disneyland!"

You can see how excited he is here... His feet aren't even on the ground!

And our friends did the nicest thing EVER... they decided to gift us with season passes of our own. I'm still floored and in shock! We can't thank them enough! So we just need to plan some more D-land days with them! :)

A couple of my cuties

Bryan had never been to California Adventure before (I was surprised about that, I thought he had!), so we spent most of our time there. Which worked out just fine, since there are so many areas geared for younger kids, and we had a few in our group that don't like the roller coasters. We went to the splash pad (in the Bug's Life area), where Orion got pegged by a stream of water right away. He was still loving it! So cute!


Water pegging caught on tape!

The Splash Pad was a hit
Since we had a large-ish group (six adults, three under-threes), we spent a some time rotating kids so everyone who wanted to could ride 'big-kid' rides. I went on California Screamin' (loved it; it's been years since I've been on a really good coaster, and this one squeezed tears out of my eyes, it was so fast!), but felt bad that I snuck off without Bry (he was in the bathroom and another hubby told him I left) so I came back and watched him ride the bumper cars with Lincoln while Orion was with the rest of the group.
These bumper cars seriously went .5 mph!

We rode mostly kiddie rides, then had lunch. It was a cooler day and our kids were cold from the splash pad, so we dressed them in their PJ's pretty early. Yes, I had their PJ's with me. And sunscreen, and enough snacks and water to feed an army, and chapstick, and kid necessities, and jackets, and extra socks, and blankets... I like to be prepared, that's just me! :)
After lunch, we stayed in line to see the Aladdin show. There was a family group behind us in line that Bryan was talking to, and they became so in love with Orion! He of course was pulling out all the stops; cooing, flirting, being all cute and sweet. They ended up sitting in the row behind us in the theatre, and Bryan offered to have them hold O in their laps. He was passed around amongst their little group, made up of grandparents, moms, and a young girl. Orion ate it up! The girl (I think she was around 12) was totally salivating over my baby, she wanted to take him home with her. It was super cute, but kind of weird-funny to watch. When the show started, he was so good for her, he just sat on her lap and became totally entranced by the show. The show was cancelled about 10 minutes into it because of technical difficulties, and she cried when she gave Orion back to me! She said he was the sweetest baby she had ever held. It was really cute. If only he would do that for me on a regular basis! :)
(I have pictures of the family, but they're on Bryan's phone, so when I get a chance, I'll get them from him)


Bry and I got to go (by ourselves) on Pirates and the Haunted Mansion at the end of the night. It was great not having the kids around for a precious 30 minutes! I mean, I love my kids like crazy, but you know how it feels to have a little bit of that kid-less freedom. Priceless!
After our alone time, we met up with the rest of the group to watch Fantasmic. Lincoln really liked most of it, and the volume kind of scared Orion. I don't blame him, it was really loud!

I have to write this before I forget:
There's a part of the show where some Disney Princesses are waving from a few boats. Lincoln was completely enamoured by them. I was pointing them out to him, telling him each of their names, and then I said "One day, you will marry your own princess!". He looked at them, thought for a few seconds, then got this HUGE grin on his face and said "yeaaaaaaahhh!" It was sooo adorable!

After Fantasmic, our friends wanted to take us out to dinner, but we were walking zombies at this point, so we had to decline even though we wanted to stay. We had a great time, and we can't wait to go back!

7 devoted readers:

queenieweenie said...

I just hope you had some good make-out time on the Haunted Mansion!

Unknown said...

Jealous party of one! You are so lucky to have season passes. We are waiting to take the boys until Oliver is three but sounds like he could handle California Adventure at least.

Michele said...

Sooo much fun! We will have to meet up at the splash pad.
Disneyland takes on a new meaning when you have kids.

Melody said...

Man, I wish I had season passes! How fun!

Marcie said...

Disneyland is so much fun with the fam. I'm glad you were all able to go and will obviously be going lots in the near future!

Hazen5 said...

I am so glad you guys got to go. And now your have Season Passes, life is good! Your kids are at the perfect age to enjoy every moment.

Ashley said...

Wow that is awesome! I adore Disneyland too, it really is the happiest place on earth. I'm so jealous that you got season passes!!!