12/17/08

we all learned something today!

I love the rain.
I hate that my kids stay inside all day because of the rain.

This afternoon after lunch, I put on the DVD Robots for Lincoln so I can straighten up and get other things done. I am in the bathroom for something like 6 nanoseconds, and while I'm exiting the facilities, I hear this:

"scribble scribble scribble"

Yeah, that can't be good.

I come into the kitchen, and find Lincoln with a black sharpie pen in hands, decorating the refrigerator door in black. That was AFTER he already did it in red.

What did we learn from this, class?

Mommy learned that Nail polish remover takes red sharpie pen scribble off of your refrigerator door! It does not, however, take off black sharpie pen scribbles. Rubbing alcohol only lightens both. (Geeze, they weren't kidding about the permanent part)

Lincoln learned that sharpie pen awards him with a swat on the butt and early nap time.

Orion learned to just lay low and keep eating your fishie crackers in these types of situations.

Daddy learned to not bring it up after the fact. Or, at least he will when he sees the scribble marks...

10 devoted readers:

queenieweenie said...

Oh MY! I can relate to Orion...just lay low.

Rebecca said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes off black sharpie. I don't know how, it just does.

Sarah said...

I already tried magic eraser. It just lightened it. I'm trying again later tonight when I won't be interrupted!

Carli said...

That's terrible! AH! I think I would freak out!

Carrie said...

I am sooo sorry! Bree loves to write, but I have been finding her writing on non-paper items. My boys never did that...Oh it is so maddening!!

Carrie said...

Hey check out this website...a few ideas for you...Sol-U-Mel, brake fluid...http://www.mamasource.com/article/permanent-marker-on-white-kitchen-floor

Alyosha said...

I hate sharpie disasters!

The Cristiano Family said...

That's awesome!!! :)

There are no words to describe it but you know you will be laughing about this in the future. Just remember to take a picture. :)

Mike and Bianca said...

oh i'm so excited for those moments... ;)

well i got on the system by taking some notes from some friends and learning from other blogs and things. i have a subscription to the newspaper and i get 3 extra sunday papers so that i have multiple coupons. then i just watch for what's on sale and what i have coupons for. combining these two can give you really good savings.

a secret is to plan meals according to what's on sale and what you have coupons for.

i'm sure you can find blogs for people who do this stuff in your area. they might tell you about the deals going on and stuff like that. let me know how it goes!

Ashley said...

Ohhh no! I hope you can get it off! I love the rain too though.